Nominations for the Board
The Board recruits Directors towards the end of each calendar year and elects Directors to the Board at the first meeting of the following calendar year. The Board may also recruit Directors as needed to fill vacant seats.
How to nominate someone for the Board of Directors
More information is coming soon on how to nominate someone (or yourself) for a position on our Board of Directors.
The Board will need to replace numerous positions towards the end of 2023. To stay up-t0-date, you can subscribe to email updates from the WPCampus Board of Directors.
Why you should join the WPCampus Board of Directors
Do you have ideas on how to improve WordPress in higher education? Or ideas for how to support those who use WordPress in higher ed? Or ideas for how to enrich the WPCampus community? If you are invested in the future of WordPress in higher education, then WPCampus needs you and your leadership.
WPCampus is a large and flourishing community filled with wonderful people and organizations working to support each other and higher education. We have always strived to provide a friendly, inclusive, and supportive environment that is open to ideas and debate. Our organization has laid a lot of groundwork for high-quality resources, e.g., our conferences and Learning Library, and is ready for whatever the future might hold.
If we wish to sustain the community, our organization needs people motivated to support our mission of advancing higher education while providing a friendly, safe, welcoming, and accessible environment. This governance transition could be the beginning of a whole new organization and community with fresh ideas and direction. Or it could be the end of our work together.
We understand that it can feel strange to nominate yourself for something. But ultimately, WPCampus needs individuals who want to do the job. Nominating yourself shows the community that you want this role and are excited to do the work and lead the future of our organization.
What to expect as a WPCampus Director
If you are interested in becoming a WPCampus Director, we want to make sure you understand what will be expected of you:
- Being a WPCampus Director is a 100% volunteer position
- It is highly recommended that you read the new WPCampus Bylaws to better understand what’s expected of the Board and how the Board will function
- The Board is responsible for the overall policy and direction of the WPCampus Corporation
- However, this does not mean the Board must do all the work. The Board may delegate responsibilities.
- The Board will need to meet at least once a month.
- You will be expected to attend all meetings and give notice when you cannot attend.
- You should expect to contribute at least 1-5 hours per month between attending meetings and any work necessary for the organization
- You will complete tasks or will oversee the completion of tasks related to your role
- You will stay on top of Slack messages and emails and respond in a timely manner
- You will communicate openly and honestly about your responsibilities in order to set and manage expectations
- If you can’t complete a task or need more time to complete a task, that is OK. You will let other Board Members know so the Board can plan accordingly.
Here is a list of other available reading about our leadership.